Governor Tom Wolf as we speak introduced that 30 counties have obtained almost $28 million in further federal funding to boost their behavioral well being packages.
Administered by the Division of Human Providers (DHS), this one-time funding was granted to states by the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2021 together with funds from Pennsylvania’s annual Group Psychological Well being Providers Block Grant award.
“The COVID-19 pandemic has affected all of us, and our lives have undergone lots of change over the previous two years which will result in new or exacerbate current psychological well being challenges,” mentioned Gov. Wolf. “This enhanced federal funding for psychological well being assets will permit extra of our fellow Pennsylvanians – together with our relations, associates, and neighbors – to get the behavioral and psychological well being assist they want.”
“These federal grants will assist counties improve their companies to answer probably the most weak members of our communities, together with youngsters in grades Ok-12 and those that could also be experiencing a psychological well being disaster,” mentioned DHS Performing Secretary Snead “With this funding, we’re working towards our purpose of creating the commonwealth a spot the place everybody could be protected, wholesome, and thrive.”
The grants will goal particular statewide priorities, together with cell disaster psychological well being companies, telehealth, scholar help packages, start-up funding for residential therapy companies and assisted outpatient therapy, and extra disaster companies tasks. These tasks embrace walk-in and distant disaster helps, increasing disaster, respite, and residential care capability, and enhanced collaboration with legislation enforcement to help with disaster response.
Mission areas and candidates receiving funding embrace:
- Cellular Disaster Items (9 tasks): Allegheny County, Beaver County, Blair County, Carbon/Monroe/Pike Counties, Centre County, Delaware County, Lackawanna/Susquehanna Counties, Lancaster County, and Westmoreland Counties;
- Extra Disaster Providers (21 tasks): Allegheny County, Armstrong/Indiana Counties, Berks County, Bucks County, Carbon/Monroe/Pike Counties, Centre County, Chester County, Dauphin County, Erie County, Lackawanna/Susquehanna Counties, Lancaster County, Lehigh County, Lycoming/Clinton Counties. Montgomery County, Philadelphia, Washington County, Wayne County, 8 County Regional (Centre, Clearfield/Jefferson, Huntingdon/Mifflin/Juniata, Northumberland, and Schuylkill Counties);
- Assisted Outpatient Therapy Begin-Up (Three tasks): Bucks County, Carbon/Monroe/Pike Counties, Dauphin County;
- Residential Providers Begin-up (Two tasks): Carbon/Monroe/Pike Counties and Delaware County;
- Telehealth Capability (Two tasks): Bradford/Sullivan Counties and Columbia/Montour/Snyder/Union Counties; and,
- Scholar Help Program (9 tasks): Armstrong/Indiana Counties, Bedford/Somerset Counties, Blair County, Cameron/Elk Counties, Cumberland/Perry Counties, Dauphin County, Lycoming/Clinton Counties, Montgomery County, and Washington County.
For extra details about psychological well being assets, please visit the DHS website.